First event as Cumbria Singers
The event was led by Andrew Padmore with Nick Butters as accompanist. Participants greatly enjoyed singing a selection of well-known choruses, including works by Haydn, Parry, Handel and Faure.
|Andrew Padmore demonstrating vocal technique
Through his humourous and exuberant approach, Andrew helped the group to practise different choral techniques and sing even the less familiar and more challenging pieces with confidence.
|Participants at the Come and Sing Day
Feedback comments included:
- It was a great way to develop vocal technique in an inclusive atmosphere
- Singing with Andrew is inspirational
- I have sung all the works before. However, they are all a great sing and I really appreciated Andrew’s tips
- Great fun to sing more ambitious works with such a great conductor
- The huge benefit for me was the guidance on singing technique from Andrew. It was inspirational
- Excellent conductor, friendly crowd, lots of fun
We are grateful to David Wheeler for permission to use his photographs of this event.